The Lenovo Iomega ix4-300d, Network Storage 4-bay stores, protects and shares all of your important files
Drive Capacities and Type: 0TB, 4TB, 8TB, 12TB
512MB DDR3 Memory
4 x 3.5” Easy-Swap SATA-II Hard Disk Drives
Desktop, compact, form factor
Centrally store and backup your digital files
The Lenovo® Iomega® ix4 Network Storage stores, protects and shares all of your important files, locally and remotely with cloud convenience -- perfect for small offices, workgroups or advanced home networks.
Centrally store and backup your digital files
The Lenovo® Iomega® ix4 Network Storage stores, protects and shares all of your important files, locally and remotely with cloud convenience -- perfect for small offices, workgroups or advanced home networks. Based on enterprise-class LenovoEMC™ storage technology, the ix4-300d provides easy file sharing, iSCSI block access, and multiple RAID configurations for optimized data protection. LenovoEMC™ Personal Cloud technology offers unparalleled simplicity and versatility for data sharing and protection from outside of the office – and is self-owned. Protecting your home or business has never been easier than with built-in Mindtree® SecureMind™ software (1 free camera license included). Business users will appreciate the robust data protection features such as UPS support, print serving, folder quotas, rsync device-to-device data replication, and user replaceable drives for business continuity and disaster recovery. The easy-to-use interface provides no-hassle management. Active Directory support and remote access round out the comprehensive business features. Home users benefit from the advanced media features such as the PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol), torrent support.
Available in 0TB, 4TB, 8TB, and 12TB capacities.
Ease of use:
• Easy three step setup – Simply plug into your router, power on, and download the integrated LenovoEMC™ Storage Manager software.
• Tool-less design to easily open metal chassis and access disk bays without using screw drivers
• User friendly web-based management interface. Web Interface accessible in 16 supported languages.
• Software Compatibility: Compatible with today’s most common backup software, web browsers, media devices and computers
Simple Content Sharing:
• Access files from any networked Windows, Apple or Linux computer for easy file sharing.
• Easily share content with friends and family outside of your home using the exclusive LenovoEMC™ Personal Cloud feature. Invited guests will have access to read and write to files and folders on your network drive. No need to email file attachments.
• File distribution made easy. Drop files into a designated distribution folder, and all of those on the distribution list automatically get an email with either the files attached, or a link to download the files.
• LenovoEMC™ Link iOS & Android application: LenovoEMC™ Link gives you a direct link to your ix4 via your iOS or Android device. You have the ability to upload, download, browse and stream content on your network storage devices using LenovoEMC Link mobile app. (download app from iTunes or Android Market)
• Built-in photo slide-show sharing feature – easily select and share your digital pictures on the web
Advanced Disk & Power Management
• Power Savings: Automatic hard drive spin-down assure the most efficient (minimal) power consumption.
• Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Support: Enables unattended system shutdown via the USB port without data loss in the case of power failure.
• System Status: Consolidated resource on space utilization, device information, and status. In addition, you can manage controls such as device restart from here.
• SMART Hard Drive Monitor: Continually monitors and reports on the health of all drives in the ix4.
• Reporting: Email alerts and Event Logging provide up-to-the-minute updates on the status of your device even when you are away from your computer. SNMP agent monitoring helps administrators centrally manage the ix4.
Advanced Business Features
• Active Directory Support: Functions as a client member in an Active Directory domain allowing the ix4 to utilize the domain users and groups.
• iSCSI target: Provides block-level access for the most efficient storage utilization, especially for backup, database and email application performance. It can be used in parallel with file-level storage access via CIFS/NFS.
• Expandability: Add storage capacity by connecting external USB hard disk drives. Supports read/ write on Fat32, NTFS, ext2/ext3/ext4, or HFS+ formatted drives.
• Application Manager: Third party applications can be installed using the embedded application manager.
• Data organization and access: Windows DFS organizes folders and files on a network, such that they appear to be all in one directory tree on a single LenovoEMCsystem, even if the folders reside on many devices in many different locations. WebDAV (Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning) enables viewing, adding, or deleting files on an ix4 from the web, via HTTP or HTTPS for added security.
• Native security support with robust username and password authorized access. Create additional users and secure their content with password protection.
• User Quotas: Easily manage capacity by setting maximum limits per user.
• Lenovo® Iomega® ix4-300d Network Storage
• Ethernet cable
• Power supply
• Printed Quick Start Guide
• Software Download (with): LenovoEMC™ Storage Manager software, User Help Documentation